The following playbook was compiled using what worked last year and copying similar efforts by well-run athletic events.
Here is awesome advice from CT Challenge, which runs a cycling fundraiser
- Customize your message – to your particular situation – celebrating a birthday, starting a business, medical anniversary, personal challenge, etc.
- Plan to send three emails:
- First email: Introduction, describing the event, your connection to it, the beneficiary, Connecticut Invention Convention, and a personal request.
- Second email: a reminder to those who have not responded, ideally using some humor that they clearly don’t think pushing for two hours is a big enough deal or they were on vacation or simply procrastinating.
- Third email: Tell them what happened (number of push-ups usually blows people away) and the fundraising is still in progress